Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Over the Ocean and through the Mountains...

I wish I was on the way to my grandmother's house. I miss her bunches.
We've been in Italy for 20 days now. It's been a long 20 days, it seems. We are still living at the Inn on post. 2 more weeks before we to move into our house. One of our shipments of stuff has arrived. That's good news. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks our other shipment will come and we can move us and everything else into the house at once.
We have a car now so we can do more exploring. It is a beautiful country out here. I want to know the story behind every building. Ha, nerd.
Cam is getting back onto a normal schedule. Well he was until his molars starting coming in. Now he's back to staying up because his little mouth hurts and keeps him up. But he's still on a more normal schedule than a week or so ago when he was staying up until 5am. That was an adventure. I learned the art of baby massage, napping within his reach while he plays, and the power of a good cuddle. I love that little guy.
We had a small Thanksgiving in our room. We managed a pretty good meal out of our 2 burner stove and a microwave. :) We've also had the chance to eat out on the town a few times now. We've had some good pizza, a yummy salad, more delicious pizza, amazing sushi, and a good assortment of coffee drinks. Eating here may be the key to happiness. Until I can get out and get some shopping done. :)
Our hotel is really nice. They have movies at the front desk, free coffee drinks, and I will miss the housekeeping staff when we move into our house. I am grateful though that we have a separate bedroom or else no one would be getting any sleep and we would be very, VERY grumpy.
I've seen my friend from Norman. It was so nice to see a familiar face in this still strange land. I've made a new friend here close to post as well. I've got to put myself out there more, which is very hard for me. But here I go anyway. It hasn't turned out bad so far. :)

I miss home, terribly. I miss my Clarksville friends. I miss my Norman family. I am so grateful for Skype and FB chat. I believe I have handled this change in our lives well enough because I've been able to see and talk to my mom and some of my friends.
Well, that's an update from our new world. :)

More to come soon!
Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment