Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Heartstrings and Other Things

It's been a while..this I know. Life got in my face and didn't give me a chance to look away.
We are still heading to Italy..sometime by the end of the year.
Cam is 10 months old now and on his way to walking. He looks a little like Frankenstein but it's a blast to watch him.


Chris has been gone for a month now..some Army school. He'll be home by the end of the month, and that day is still too far away. He is greatly missed around our home.
Cam and I have been keeping busy. We took a trip to Oklahoma to see family. Thank goodness for my mom, who flew up to help with the drive. It was a much nicer drive than the last time. Last time: we tested fate and drove through the worst storm I have ever been out of my house to witness. People actually died. Cars were blown from the road, there were tornadoes in 3 different directions. And then rain, wind, hail and darkness. I still wonder how we survived. Mom and I are still a little emotionally scarred from that one.
This trip, was sunny and daytime. Quite fabulous and some good quality time with my mom. It was very hard to say goodbye after 20 straight days of being with her. I do love her.
We rarely seem to have a normal moment...


Being in Oklahoma was nice. It's always nice to be home. I got to take Cam to the zoo. He picked out a monkey. Yes, all by himself. I would've paid $100 dollars for that silly monkey just from his reaction when he saw it. He reached for it on the shelf, took it, and ate his face. It was made for him. :)
His other present from the zoo. :)

He fell asleep in his floatie. :) Best nap Ever!


I got some fabulous time with my ya-ya's and all the special times that come with them.
Yum-o!

Beyond Special..and I miss them so.

The most influential and important women in my life. 


Also, while we were home, Cam got his first haircut! It wasn't much but it had to be done. No one but *Great* Aunt Pam was allowed to have the first cut. 

I don't think he even knew what was going on behind him. Ha!


Now we are back in our home. The house that is still for sale and the stress that comes with that may be the end of me. I don't know what else I can do. I'm still emptying it and packing when and where I can. But I am just one little soul and with such a mobile little monster, I have such a limited time to get what needs to be done, done. But I keep chugging along. It will all get done, in due time. In time, I will also not feel like a married-single mom. I miss my better half, for sure.

Alright, enough of my rambles. It's time for a nap for my monster.
Until then...
Be brave in all things. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment