Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When Nature Knocks on Your Door....

....I suggest, you don't answer it.
Not unless you want robins in your house. :)
Here's my tale...

I like wreaths on the front door of my house. They make a house seem inviting, festive, friendly..etc. My Christmas/winter wreath is a beautiful one made of twigs, leaves and berries.
Now, if you look closely, you'll see Momma Robin in her nest...on top of my wreath.

She worked so hard on it. And with that went the use of humans using my front door.

Then came the eggs. One.

Two.

Three.
And a few weeks later..the babies were born. :)


 They grew and grew.

One baby left in the nest...

 
Look closely. That's the last little baby bird, sitting on the bottom railing.
I was sad to see them go, but definitely glad to be able to use my front door again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment